Friday, January 8, 2010

Isaiah 43:5

Do not fear, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you;



Why is it so hard to trust sometimes? I find it difficult to trust others. Friends betray. Loved ones fight and manipulate. Enemies scheme. The world breaks down. Nations are out for themselves. Even our pets occasionally choose others. The world is broken and trust is hard to form. And yet God tells us not to fear because He is with us. If we can’t depend too much on the stuff of this world, then how can we depend on God? The first step on the road to Trust is the hardest step to take. To actually put yourself out there on a limb and say, “Okay Lord, I trust that you will help me out here,” is frightening. Faith is trust in God. There is nothing easy about it. But the more you cognitively make the decision to trust God with circumstances in your life, the easier it becomes to trust.

Almighty God, help me to trust you more. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment